Position Title: General Machinist
Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time, 1st Shift
Position Summary: Sets up and operates conventional or special purpose machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts, applying knowledge of machine shop theory, procedures, and shop mathematics. Typically operates lathes, mills, and gear cutting equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures or marks workpiece as a guide for subsequent machining
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, and gear cutting equipment.
- Starts and observes machine operations to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Follows company safety procedures; uses equipment and materials properly
- Communicates with coworkers and supervisor to receive instruction and coordinate activities.
Minimum 1 years as a machinist.
Benefits: Competitive hourly wage with overtime possible, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurances, 401K, Holiday, Personal and Vacation pay.